Accelerated 4th Grade Math
If you have a gifted and talented or high achieving student, classes at HEROES are a perfect way to enrich their education and advance their studies. Unlike most schools, HEROES places students into classes based on tested math, reading, and writing skill. As such, it’s important to get your child’s placement done now. Students will need to pass our 3rd Grade Math Challenge exam and demonstrate a NWEA MAP Reading > 200 to place into our Accelerated 4th Grade Math class. For more information regarding admission or class placement, visit our admissions page.
Students attend a two-hour class once a week for 36 weeks. Students should expect approximately 15 hours per day on homework. Students who master required 4th grade standards will be introduced to more advanced topics that are normally taught in 5th Grade. Students are evaluated in January to determine if they are expected to complete both 4th Grade and 5th Grade content. Students who master all 4th Grade standards and most 5th Grade standards will be allowed to enroll in Accelerated 6th Grade math the following academic year.
- Place Value and Rounding of Whole Numbers to any place
- Multi-digit Multiplication
- Division with one-digit divisor
- Adding Fractions with Like Denominators
- Multiplying Fractions with Whole Numbers
- Introduction to Decimals
- Measurements using fractions
- Data displays using fractions
- Measurement Conversions using Multiplication
- Using a protractor
- Angle relationships
- Symmetry, patterns, and parallel and perpendicular lines
- Word problems involving topics listed above
- Using equations with variables to solve word problems
- Students who demonstrate mastery of the above topics will also study topics listed for Accelerated 5th Grade Math
Contact Us – Find Out More About HEROES
Samples from our curriculum
Students study the vocabulary associated with each math lesson. This is sample math homework from our 4th Grade Place Value Unit.